How to Write a Blog Post Outline: Tips for Writing your First Blog Post
Tips for Writing your First Blog Post
It’s important to learn how to write a blog post article and be time-efficient. Here’s A simple outline of four components:
2-Pros & Cons
3- Where you can get/Procedure
Most people really feel intimidated by writing, thinking they should have an English major or be good with their words or have some time of special skill to start writing a blog post article.
I see Writing as a form of art and a way to express yourself but for me, is Therapy. Yes, you will make mistake here and there until you become perfect your craft
When you have more time than money is in your best interest learning how to write a blog post article. You’re trying to be efficient with your time but at the same time provide value and (a) solution(s)
First of all, Start with you Why It may sound cliche but ask yourself if you really want to write and why do you want to write? Who do you want to help? and Why?
- Choose Your Target Audience- Maybe you’re a Mechanic and want to have a blog that targets females
- Why do you want to help your target audience- It’s no secret that some mechanics try to rip off females by charging them more than what the normal price of the service usually is, I know that when I pick a mechanic I ask someone who really knows about cars. Or maybe you want to help single parents make an extra income from home.
- What specific problem are you going to target in your blog post-To write a blog post for SEO I use Jaaxy a tool that shows you which keywords are profitable online. You get a started trial of 30 keyword searches for free but to upgrade to a monthly service is $49 a month, if you’re a beginner I would join wealthy affiliate for the same price, Website hosting, Jaaxy included and lots of great training.
- The Math here would be 10 minutes of research 10 minutes writing, of course, you won’t write a quality blog post in 20 minutes on your first try but as you practice it’ll be a piece of cake eventually.
- Have your outline written somewhere visible, and start typing your “brain dump”.
- Come up with 10 headlines a week relating to a topic you’d want to talk about, then research the web for content
- start “brain dumping” on every headline, don’t worry about the format at this point.
- Once you’re done with all 10 blog post save, and archive. You can have these ready to format and add to your website.
How to write a blog post about yourself?
Nobody else knows ourselves better than… Well. Ourselves. So why not practising your writing skills by writing blog posts about yourself like anything, if you want something to succeed then you’ll need to create a system, in this case, an outline.
If you’re writing a blog post about yourself then find a topic with an end goal in mind
I love to eat
Goal: to get readers to understand that it’s not how much you eat but what you eat
You have to have Your goal and your outline visible at the beginning to blast through writer’s block. Then start with an Introduction about yourself maybe in this example would be Why you love food so much? or What’s your favourite type or where did all start?
Next, write a list of pros and cons and Why there are more pros than cons or vice-versa. This is where you’ll find most of your research. If there’s a procedure, make sure to tell your audience what to do next or if you’re promoting a product tell them where to get it.
Lastly conclude with your opinion or a good call to actions ask them questions related to your topic, for example: “Do you like to eat? what are your favourite foods to snack late at night? Let me know in the comments below!”
How to write a blog post outline for SEO?
If you don’t know what to write about its ok keywords will literally give you the answer on what to write about you can definitely use google for this and write down some of the options that appear below the search bar.
Next, This is when I use Jaaxy. Let’s say I googled: How to eat wealthy?, then I go to Jaaxy and typed one the same sentence, then I select then relevant keywords depending on the average searches and the competition, which is the QSR. I usually picked keywords that are over 30 average traffic searches and below 100 QSR
Research your topic related to your blog post, read it and start copying and pasting on a google doc sheet after you have that start writing you brain dump on paper just write and don’t stop until you finished. Once you have your rough draft, revise and edit.
For grammar, I use a free extension tool named grammary.com then polish and craft your blog post with the most relevant information and add images to complement your blog post
How to write a blog post in WordPress?
To write a blog post in WordPress it’s easy you just open an account, Once you buy a domain and get set up, go to the Navigation menu on your left, choose the posts tab then click on add new. (as shown on the left)
If you want to write a post on WordPress, You could also try siterubix, Which has the 3 in 1 SEO package. It’s a service offered by wealthy affiliates, You get one Website hosting, Jaaxy plugin, domains as little as $13.99 and lots of training on how to build your blog and monetize from it for $49 a month.
They also offer free affiliate marketing training. and If you decide to join your first month is $19.99. You can learn how to blog and use WordPress with siterubix. They also have weekly live training.
Last Tips to Remember- Have fun!
Remember to keep your paragraphs short and spacey. Add five keyword-rich Headlines, and use them in your first couple of sentences but don’t overdo it.
Use Bulleted Lists to help your readers digest your content easily. Don’t be intimated by writing blog posts. Wealthy affiliate it’s not like any course.
They walk you step by step in the process I remember buying early this year a blogging course that I’m being honest, I never finished because it was so confusing that I didn’t know what to do or how to write a blog post that I ended up not finishing it.
When I first tried Wealthy Affiliate within two weeks and I had 4 blog posts published, which was a big milestone for me!. To get free training to start generating Income through blogging Try the Wealthy affiliate here. What’s the hardest part of writing a blog post for you? Let me know in the comments below ?